Questions To Pierce Through The GOP Budget
KEY QUESTIONS TO ASK
1. Does the Republican budget put Americans back to work, or does it lay them off?
2. Does it build an America we want to leave to our children and grandchildren, or does it cut our home front investments in America's future -- our schools, roads and bridges, and scientific research?
3. Under this plan, which Americans end up with more and who ends up with less? Does it make the richest few Americans pay their fair share, or does it make regular working families pay more so the wealthy pay less?
4. Does it start to fix our rigged tax code, or make it worse by protecting special tax breaks for millionaires, oil companies, and big corporations that send American jobs overseas?
5. Does it start to bring the Pentagon budget into the 21st century, or does it protect outdated Pentagon pork that our military leaders don't want and don't need?
6. Does it guarantee Medicare for seniors and people with disabilities, or does it end Medicare as we know it by turning it into a voucher program?
7. Does it use math that adds up, or does it promise the mathematically impossible? How much will it raise taxes on the middle class in order to avoid adding trillions of dollars to our debt?
We develop messaging by aggregating, analyzing and distilling polling, tested messaging, and expert recommendations, and monitoring the media to identify what is and isn't working. See here for some of the experts and organizations we draw on.
Posted in - Budget - Taxes - Economy - Seniors - Jobs