Romney + Ryan = Robin Hood In Reverse
DEFINE THE ROMNEY-RYAN VISION:
Romney's choice of Ryan makes our choice clear:
An America that works for all of us, or one that works for the wealthiest few at the expense of everyone else.
Connect: In America, our leaders are supposed to work for all of us, not just the wealthiest few.
Define: Mitt Romney's choice of Congressman Paul Ryan confirms that the one thing Romney never flip-flops on is putting millionaires ahead of our middle class.
Illustrate: Romney-Ryan wants to raise taxes on the middle class, end Medicare as we know it, and gut investments in America's home front -- to pay for new tax loopholes for the richest few like Wall Street CEOs and their hedge fund managers.
Contrast: Our choice is clear: a country where hardworking families pay more so the richest few pay less -- or an America where we all pay our fair share and get a fair shot.
Be specific: Romney-Ryan -- Robin Hood in reverse and America in reverse -- is our ticket to:
- Making all working American families pay more just so the richest few pay less, instead of everyone paying their fair share.
- Laying off four million people, instead of putting Americans back to work.
- Ending Medicare as we know it and gutting education, instead of investing in America's home front.
- Putting America on a Path to Poverty, instead of maintaining America's greatness.
Turn the tables: Catholic bishops, Catholic nuns, and evangelicals have condemned Congressman Ryan's ideas and Catholic leaders have rebuked him for twisting Catholic church teaching to justify them. It's not surprising -- Congressman Ryan has professed devotion to atheist philosopher Ayn Rand, who condemned God and faith, preached that only rich people had value, and working people were parasites.
- Messaging on the Romney-Ryan budget: "Path to Poverty" For America, Cowardly, Top 5 GOP Budget Frames
- Messaging on taxes and economic policy: Mitt's Plan For Our Middle Class, GOP Tax Plan, End The Bush Tax Cuts For Richest 2%, Tax Day Contrast
- Messaging on "class warfare": "Class Warfare" Edition
We develop messaging by aggregating, analyzing and distilling polling, tested messaging, and expert recommendations, and monitoring the media to identify what is and isn't working. See here for some of the experts and organizations we draw on.
Posted in - Taxes - Economy - 2012 Elections - Jobs