Top 5 GOP Budget Frames
Share: http://bit.ly/GPOBru | |
CORE MESSAGES TO BEAT THEIR FRAMES
- These politicians aren't serious about deficits.The Republican budget would actually INCREASE the deficit.
- It's no wonder the experts say it's "grossly irresponsible" and "all smoke and mirrors."
- Putting our nation on the path to end all federal law enforcement, border patrol, and protection of our food and water isn't just irresponsible. It's downright dangerous.
- Taking responsibility would be admitting the tax giveaways you fought for caused the deficits we're dealing with today. But that's more than we expect from Washington Republicans.
- Letting seniors go bankrupt to avoid asking your campaign donors to pay their fair share is cowardly.
- Courage is standing up to the oil companies, big corporations, and millionaires funding your campaigns and demanding they pay their fair share.
- Do we really want America led by politicians who'll show courage only when their corporate campaign donors give them permission?
Killer Fact: In the last six years, Republicans got 7 out of 10 Congressional campaign dollars spent by corporations that benefit the most from tax loopholes passed by those politicians.
- The Republican vision for our country is not the America we want to pass down to our kids and grandkids.
- The GOP budget would mean more parents without jobs, fewer teachers in our classrooms, and less food on our most vulnerable kids' breakfast tables.
- Here's how NOT to look out for the next generation: let their parents go bankrupt by gutting Medicare and Social Security, make it harder to afford college, and leave their roads and bridges crumbling.
- The GOP budget would take food away from hungry kids and health care away from vulnerable seniors and working families. That's a plan to punish the most vulnerable, not protect them.
- It's no surprise -- the author of the Republican budget says he follows the teachings of atheist philosopher Ayn Rand, who preached that only rich people had value, working people were parasites, and selfishness was the highest virtue.
- We should be making sure every family has a fair shot of getting into the middle class -- not locking them out of it.
Killer Fact: The Republican budget includes $3 trillion in tax handouts to corporations and the richest few, but cuts more than $1 trillion from programs like school lunches that vulnerable families rely on.
- We tried trickle-down economics and all we've got to show for it are massive deficits, scarce jobs, and a shrinking middle class.
- The best way to get our economy going is to put Americans back to work, but the Republican budget does the opposite.
- The GOP plan would throw more Americans out of work, take money out of the pockets of regular Americans, and give up on investments that make America competitive in the world.
- Tax giveaways for the richest 1% don't get the economy moving or create jobs because millionaires and billionaires don't need or spend the money -- they just hand it over to their hedge fund managers.
Killer Fact: The Republican plan could cost our economy over 4 million jobs in the next two years alone. Most Americans care most about jobs and the economy -- only 5% of Americans think the deficit is the most important problem facing our country.
We develop messaging by aggregating, analyzing and distilling polling, tested messaging, and expert recommendations, and monitoring the media to identify what is and isn't working. See here for some of the experts and organizations we draw on.
Posted in - Health Care - Budget - Taxes - Economy - Seniors - Jobs