Connecting On Jobs
Share: http://bit.ly/KHvCzT | Facebook | Twitter
MESSAGES THAT CONNECT THE DOTS BACK TO JOBS
- We need to fix the roads and bridges that keep America's economy running -- and put Americans back to work rebuilding them. That puts more money in the pockets of working Americans and more customers in our stores -- and that means more jobs.
- But Washington Republicans keep fighting against building infrastructure that will put millions of Americans to work -- while they go to the mat for infrastructure that will make foreign oil companies billions.
- For the GOP, that's why the Keystone pipeline isn't really about jobs. It's about politicians protecting the profits of their Big Oil donors.
- The Pentagon budget should reflect sound national security strategy, not partisan political strategy. The world has changed, and so have the tools we need.
- Defense spending nearly doubled this last decade. With the Iraq War ending and Afghanistan drawing to a close, it's in our strategic interests to build the leaner, more agile force we need to combat 21st century threats.
- Defense spending is actually one of the worst ways to create jobs -- so let's enact smart defense spending cuts that keep us focused on modern threats and use that money to rebuild our infrastructure. That puts Americans back to work. That's real security.
Killer Fact: After nearly doubling over the past decade, U.S. defense spending is now more than the next 17 highest spending countries' defense budgets combined.
- Obamacare means freedom: freedom for working Americans to change jobs without losing health insurance and freedom for entrepreneurs to start new companies.
- If Obamacare gets taken away, American families will pay the price. More families bankrupted by serious illnesses and small businesses struggling with exploding health insurance costs aren't just bad for Americans -- they're bad for our economy and for jobs.
- Not only is the Affordable Care Act creating jobs, it's turning more of the jobs we have now into good jobs with the decent benefits that Americans need to take care of their families.
Killer Fact: Whether it's more primary care doctors or health information technology workers, the health care law is creating jobs. In fact, health care one is of the fastest growing sectors in our economy.
- Clean energy is the fastest growing job sector in the world -- America should be leading the world in creating renewable energy jobs, not getting left behind.
- Putting partisan politics before American competitiveness will only ship more American jobs overseas.
- Americans are pioneers. That means taking risks -- and investing in the energy technology that will create jobs and power our future is the right risk to take.
Killer Fact: Clean energy is the fastest growing industry in the U.S. today. Developing new clean energy technologies like wind and solar could support 20 million jobs by 2030 and trillions of dollars in revenue.
- Investing in our teachers is investing in our children -- and in the success of America's businesses and our nation's economic future.
- America's teachers are preparing the next generation of American workers, innovators, and entrepreneurs to power our businesses -- we can't let partisan politics get in their way.
- But Republican politicians would rather take away teachers from our kids' classrooms than make millionaires and big corporations pay their fair share in taxes.
- Our public universities have hatched millions of American entrepreneurs. Good public schools prepared our kids to attend them and funding programs put them in financial reach. We need to invest in our schools to make sure all Americans get the opportunity to succeed.
Killer Fact: Americans consistently and overwhelmingly oppose cuts to education, and three-quarters of Americans support using federal funds to put teachers, as well as firefighters and cops, back to work.
- Wall Street crashed our economy selling investments they knew were bad and dumping the risks on everyone else. Their reckless greed cost millions of Americans their jobs.
- The people who wrecked our economy should be paying for rebuilding it, not profiting from it.
- And let's be clear on where jobs come from: Businesses hire people because they have customers ready to buy from them, not because they have investors ready to lend to them.
- So let's make sure we have strong laws to keep bankers honest and strong oversight to keep them from wrecking our economy and costing us our jobs again.
Killer Fact: Wall Street greed caused the financial crisis, sparking the Great Recession that killed more than 8 million jobs.
We develop messaging by aggregating, analyzing and distilling polling, tested messaging, and expert recommendations, and monitoring the media to identify what is and isn't working. See here for some of the experts and organizations we draw on.